Position Title: Cashier/Reservationist
Reports To: Supervisor on Duty
Department: 430—Ticket Operations
Sell lift tickets, ski and ride school products, rental products and other miscellaneous products offered via REZ and or Ticket Express Point of Sale System to Durango Mountain Resort guests.
• Sell predefined products to guests at the correct price
• Be adequately knowledgeable about Purgatory Ski Area and DMR insuring correct information is given to guests concerning Lifts, Ski School, Rentals, Food and Beverage, Transportation, Lodging, etc.
• Balance cash drawer to the penny at the end of every selling day; ensure all adjustments, voids, refunds, comps and discounts are recorded properly
• Stay informed and current with respect to company policies, procedures and programs
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent guest service/customer service skills
• Good math skills – must balance products sold to monies received
• General computer skills
• Ability to work under pressure during peak volume periods
• Ability to work within a team
• Strong attention to detail
Education or Formal Training: High School diploma or GED
Experience: Previous experience handling customer requests and or complaints preferred, working as a cashier or bank teller desired
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Simple office equipment, computers, printers, automated ticketing system.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
100% of the workday is spent in a normal office environment. Constantly handling, and feeling objects. Constantly using near acuity and color vision, and engaging in normal conversation.